Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gettin' Its Tan On

In my insomnia-induced web browsing, I came across an interesting factoid. Apparently the area I'm moving to in Boston has a problem with coyotes. As in they legitimately have a website (<-- click there).  Hold up... I thought I was moving to the city?? Since when do cities have coyote problems?! Maybe I'm just a sheltered, naive southern girl but this just seems weird!



On the website they even have fun little PDFs that track calls made to the police department and what the "spotted coyotes" were seen doing.


The highlighted one is from the street I will be living on. Seeing that was a bit of a relief, at least the ones near me will be friendly. He wasn't trying to attack anybody... he was just hangin' out, enjoying the beautiful weather.


The PDFs also have cool visuals. See that cluster right at the top? That's going to be me!

Well it's a good thing I wasn't worried about coming home late from work, alone. Does pepper spray work on coyotes??

1 comment:

  1. So funny! I'm from MA and there are def a lot of coyotes. Don't fret though, they generally stay away from people and they're a lot smaller than that pic indicates. Just gotta remember to keep your cats inside. I'm your newest follower :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete