Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Keep Calm

Final Exams/Projects season is in full swing!!

I've had sooo many projects due this past week... every time I turn one in I get a brief moment of relief than it's right on to the next one!!

I'm trying not to get stressed out (which is pretty much impossible for me).



Staying Stress-Free During Finals


1. SLEEP

I have actually been really good about this. I have been making sure I get a full night sleep every night. Normally when I have a huge school to-do list I stay up late trying to cram everything in. This time around I've sleeping more but being much more proudctive in the hours I am working.

2. WORKING OUT


Ok well I need to do this anyways (graduation pictures and Orlando trip anyone??) but it obviously has stress-reducing powers too. Win-Win!

3. CUTTING BACK ON CAFFIENE


I am a HUGE coffee drinker... HUGE (caffiene withdrawl headaches and all). I have been trying to limit myself to 1-2 caffienated drinks a day (coffee/energy drinks) and have been really good about it! On a normal day I usually range from 1-3 cups of coffee ($$$) and when finals come around I end up ranging between 4-6 (realllllll healthy, I know). So this is a big one for me.  I'm hoping I can keep my caffiene tollarance low and avoid getting up into the 4-6 range this semester. So far so good!

4. FOCUS ON THE END GOAL


At this point in my college career (13 days to graduation), I could get straight Ds and be no better off than if I got all As (other than time I would spend beating myself up for getting straight Ds). I already have a job, which is a huge security, and my GPA can only fluctuate like +/- .2.  While I am definitely not one to sit back and coast, even with the few days remaining, knowing I already have the job/could fail all my exams and still graduate, lifts a large portion of the stress off my shoulders.

I can't really complain though, this is my last finals season EVER (unless I go to grad school)! Just have to make it through the next 13 days!

For Fun: http://8tracks.com/franklymusic/keep-calm-and-just-graduate

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I do not miss the college days of stressful finals!! I wish I'd had such good written out goals- I definitely didn't cut back on the caffeine! just found you through long distance loving-can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete